Make a little birdhouse in your soul

In the coming months I'm going to be moving out to the 'burbs and into to a nice little house on the beach. This means for the first time in my whole life il have my own garden (well a large balcony over the sea but you have to start somewhere) and it's got me thinking green. I think I'll start slow with a few plant pots and a BBQ and a little bird house...I got a bit carried away on my birdhouse search, who would have known there is so much variety ! Iv compiled a list of my favourite birdhouses from around the web for you to peruse.


I'll start the party with Door Country Woodwork's rather elegant Country Farm house which holds high bragging rights for whichever Wren, Finch, or Chickadee family make it their home. 



I also love their more simple styles like these 'cottage wren houses'



Secondly this feathered friend's apartment comes from Gourds Adored and is a little different from the 2 above, it "branches out" from the standard housey shape and looks much more natural. It's hand painted and would look gorgeous tucked away in a secret corner of your garden.

This one would be ideal for the gypsy bird in your life...



And last but definitely not least i love this small village of bird houses from Harmons Country Crafts:

 Thats all for now, I have my first iced latte of the year today and as usual it got my creative brain ticking so im working on some new product ideas. Obviously il post them up here as soon as they develp into something more than a scribble. Will also be kicking off my "Find of the week" section in the next couple days so check back for that.

 Over and out

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog!! You know iced lattes are dangerous though... Alice x

    ReplyDelete